It’s been an exciting summer in the Killian Lab!
We welcomed two new graduate students:
- Syeda Lamia (Mechanical Engineering; PhD).
- Iman Bhattacharya (Bioinformatics and Computational Biology; MS)
We welcomed three REU students and a high school student:
- Shaneaka Anderson (Edward Waters College)
- Rachel Klink (Taylor University)
- Claudia Offutt (St. Elizabeth’s High School)
- Madeline Tallman (Tulane University)
Several UD undergraduate students received support to pursue full-time summer research in the Killian lab:
- Emily Eichenlaub (BME; co-advised with Elliott lab)- INBRE Summer Scholars
- Jaclyn Soulas (CANR)- Delaware Space Grant Consortium Summer Internship
- Anna Lia Sullivan (CANR)- Delaware Space Grant Consortium Summer Internship
- Julianna Wayne (BME)- University of Delaware Summer Scholars
We also received new funding from the UDRF-Strategic Initiatives and the Delaware-CTR ACCEL! These grants will support collaborative work with the Kiick and Kloxin labs to use synthetic biomaterials for tendon and enthesis repair.