- RC Locke, AC Abraham, ML Killian. Orthopaedic interface repair strategies based on native structural and mechanical features of the multiscale enthesis. ACS Biomaterials Science & Engineering.
- JA McKenzie, E Buettmann, AC Abraham, MJ Gardner, MJ Silva, & ML Killian. Loss of scleraxis in mice leads to geometric and structural changes in cortical bone, as well as asymmetry in fracture healing. The FASEB Journal, fj. 201600969R
- CA Ford, NC Nowlan, S Thomopoulos, & ML Killian. Effects of imbalanced muscle loading on hip joint development and maturation. Journal of Orthopaedic Research, 2016
- ML Killian & S Thomopoulos. Scleraxis is required for the development of a functional tendon enthesis. The FASEB Journal 30 (1), 301-311, 2016.
- ML Killian, LM Cavinatto, SR Ward, N Havlioglu, S Thomopoulos, … Chronic degeneration leads to poor healing of repaired massive rotator cuff tears in rats. The American journal of sports medicine 43 (10), 2401-2410. 2015.
- EJ Sato, ML Killian, AJ Choi, E Lin, AD Choo, AE Rodriguez-Soto, CT Lim, … Architectural and biochemical adaptations in skeletal muscle and bone following rotator cuff injury in a rat model. J Bone Joint Surg Am 97 (7), 565-573, 2015.
- ML Killian, RC Haut, & TLH Donahue. Acute cell viability and nitric oxide release in lateral menisci following closed-joint knee injury in a lapine model of post-traumatic osteoarthritis. BMC musculoskeletal disorders 15 (1), 297, 2014.
- EJ Sato, ML Killian, AJ Choi, E Lin, MC Esparza, LM Galatz, … Skeletal muscle fibrosis and stiffness increase after rotator cuff tendon injury and neuromuscular compromise in a rat model. Journal of Orthopaedic Research 32 (9), 1111-1116, 2014.
- E Zelzer, E Blitz, ML Killian, & S Thomopoulos. Tendon‐to‐bone attachment: From development to maturity. Birth Defects Research Part C: Embryo Today: Reviews 102 (1), 101-112, 2014.
- ML Killian, L Cavinatto, SA Shah, EJ Sato, SR Ward, N Havlioglu, … The effects of chronic unloading and gap formation on tendon‐to‐bone healing in a rat model of massive rotator cuff tears. Journal of Orthopaedic Research 32 (3), 439-447, 2014.
- ML Killian, CT Lim, S Thomopoulos, N Charlton, HM Kim, & LM Galatz. The effect of unloading on gene expression of healthy and injured rotator cuffs. Journal of Orthopaedic Research 31 (8), 1240-1248, 2013.
- ML Killian, L Cavinatto, LM Galatz, &. S Thomopoulos. Recent advances in shoulder research. Arthritis research & therapy 14 (3), 1, 2012.
- ML Killian, L Cavinatto, LM Galatz, & S Thomopoulos. The role of mechanobiology in tendon healing. Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery 21 (2), 228, 2012.
- ML Killian, B Zielinska, T Gupta, & TLH Donahue. In vitro inhibition of compression-induced catabolic gene expression in meniscal explants following treatment with IL-1 receptor antagonist. Journal of Orthopaedic Science 16 (2), 212-220, 2011.
- ML Killian, DI Isaac, RC Haut, LM Déjardin, D Leetun, & TL Haut Donahue. Traumatic anterior cruciate ligament tear and its implications on meniscal degradation: a preliminary novel lapine osteoarthritis model. Journal of Surgical Research 164 (2), 234-241, 2010.
- ML Killian, NM Lepinski, RC Haut, & TL Haut Donahue. Regional and Zonal Histo‐Morphological Characteristics of the Lapine Menisci. The Anatomical Record 293 (12), 1991-2000, 2010.
- B Zielinska, M Killian, M Kadmiel, M Nelsen, & TL Haut Donahue. Meniscal tissue explants response depends on level of dynamic compressive strain. Osteoarthritis and Cartilage 17 (6), 754-760, 2009.